SCREEN-L Archives

January 1995, Week 4

From:
Jajasoon Tlitteu <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 27 Jan 1995 13:07:43 CST
Research question:

I'm looking for stuff on Valium and other tranqilizers as applied in the
50's.  I've seen an excerpt from a promo film called The Relaxed Wife (in
Ephemeral Films collection) - does anyone know how to get the whole thing?
Any other interesting (or boring) representations of these drugs in pop
culture - films, TV, music, etc.?

Any advice would be most appreciated.

Thanks!

********
jajasoon tlitteu  ([log in to unmask])

"Academic training was instrumental.  You have to understand the language
of society before you can start stretching and subverting it and ripping
and tearing it and burning it and watching the plastic drip on the ants."