SCREEN-L Archives

January 1995, Week 3

Date:
Sat, 21 Jan 1995 11:02:56 CST
On what basis can we claim the right to see a film that the filmmaker did
not want displayed?

Copyright protection (statutory and common law) give authors complete
control over their works. We outsiders may not like that but we have no
claim that I can see to override their opinions.
write Cal Pryluck.
While I am in favor of respecting GD's wishesI think this is sort of a week
argument since Debord was so critical of copyright and so much of his work
depended on breaking it.
lgs