SCREEN-L Archives

January 1995, Week 3

From:
Marty Jukovsky <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 17 Jan 1995 14:14:47 CST
I was very disappointed in the 1/13 episode of X-Files.  The series is
supposed to be about investigating occurrences of the paranormal and
supernatural.  This episode was nothing but an inept ripoff of Silence of the
Lambs.  Complete with woman in peril.  Is this the new direction for the show?
 Freaks, stalkers, and all sorts of sleazy what-have-you?  I was doubly pissed
because I allow my 10-year-old daughter to watch the show, since she likes
science fiction and supernatural horror.  I wouldn't let her see Silence of
the Lambs (an excellent adult film), so I was distressed that she had been
drawn into watching this episode.

Martin Jukovsky
Cambridge, Mass.