SCREEN-L Archives

January 1995, Week 2

From:
Marti Mangan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 9 Jan 1995 13:48:22 CST

Indeed, my edition is 15 years old, too, hence the problem tracking down
obscure films.  There is a giant need for an updated database for sources
for all film titles (and probably video, as well), showing where they can
be located.  By now it would be so huge as to be awkward to use in
printed form.  I keep thinking it's a natural for the movies database but
meanwhile I find Screen-L immensely helpful in cases where I can't find a
title (we use up to 500 titles a quarter and I know where most of them
are); Screen-L saves me hours on the ones I can't locate readily.

I appreciate all the responses I have gotten and apologize to the rest of
you.  Is this an "impolite" use of the internet?  (Please respond off the
list.)

 Marti *** [log in to unmask]  ***  Film Studies Program