SCREEN-L Archives

January 1995, Week 1

From:
Jeremy Butler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 2 Jan 1995 16:05:32 CST
Author:  [log in to unmask]
Date: 12/28/94 10:10 PM

[Editor's note: This message was submitted to SCREEN-L by the "Author" noted
above, and not by Jeremy Butler ([log in to unmask]).]

Gene Stavis has been helpful in informing me that a film from about 1970
called "The Victors" which I viewed in the theaters and once rented for a
college audience may have run into rights problems which have kept it from
coming out in video format. The director, Carl Foreman, was also on the
blacklist. Any further information about this fine film about WWII. It
contained some biting commentary on the absurdities of war.

Dan Gribbin [log in to unmask]
Ferrum College
Ferrum, VA 24088