SCREEN-L Archives

January 1995, Week 1

From:
Jeremy Butler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 3 Jan 1995 10:28:46 CST
Author:  "Marc D. Brodsky" <[log in to unmask]>
Date: 1/2/95 8:25 PM

[Editor's note: This message was submitted to SCREEN-L by the "Author" noted
above, and not by Jeremy Butler ([log in to unmask]).]

In an effort to distribute information about books, particularly the
newest books, in the areas of cultural studies, literary theory, gender
studies, critical theory, continental philosophy, film and television
studies, queer theory, postcolonial studies, postmodern theory, and other
interrelated disciplines, I am trying to determine locations throughout
the country, primarily college and university cities and towns, where
interest in these kinds of study is either significant or significantly
increasing AND where the services provided by local bookstores are
inadequate or nonexistant. I would be very grateful to receive
suggestions that would help to identify these places, schools, or
specific departments. Also, any individuals who might be interested in
receiving a catalog of this most timely information regularly throughout
the year could respond with either their home or, if applicable, their
institutional mailing address. Please direct your replies to :

 Marc Brodsky

Thanks very much.