SCREEN-L Archives

December 1994, Week 3

From:
Jeremy Butler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 16 Dec 1994 17:04:17 CST
Author:  [log in to unmask]
Date: 12/16/94 1:49 PM

[Editor's note: This message was submitted to SCREEN-L by the "Author" noted
above, and not by Jeremy Butler ([log in to unmask]).]

I am a fifth year student - in the fifth year after the high school diploma- at
the Sorbonne University (France).
I am writing a report -about 60 pages long- dealing with the using of marketing
in the cinematographic industry. I am particulary interested in the tests used
by the american professionals during the elaboration of a film: scenario test,
cast appeal testing, tittle tests, sneak preview...
The aim of such tests is to resuce the risks of commercial failure.

I would like to get some information about these methods.
Thanks to all of you in advance for any info you could provide.

Take care

* Wolfgang Mathurin *