SCREEN-L Archives

December 1994, Week 3

From:
Jeremy Butler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 16 Dec 1994 16:57:38 CST
Author:  [log in to unmask]
Date: 12/15/94 11:59 PM

[Editor's note: This message was submitted to SCREEN-L by the "Author" noted
above, and not by Jeremy Butler ([log in to unmask]).]

The writer of the commitments, Roddy Doyle, also wrote "The Snapper," which
some viewed as the sequel to "The Commitments." His third novel in the
series, whose name i can't remember, won the Booker prize last year. It's
something like "Paddy Clark, Ha Ha Ha." Anyway, an actual sequel to the
storyline has been in the works for a while and I think they actually started
filming it, but I haven't heard anything for a while.