SCREEN-L Archives

December 1994, Week 2

From:
Jeremy Butler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 10 Dec 1994 09:11:16 CST
Author:  [log in to unmask] (Scott R. Furtwengler) at SMTP-LINK
Date:    12/9/94 5:47 PM

[Editor's note:  This message was submitted to SCREEN-L by the "Author" noted
above, not by Jeremy Butler.]

No, I don't believe you're stretching at all.  You make an astute
observation about Vincent.  Yes, his interpretation of the foot massage is
somewhat predictable, underscoring, I think, the difference between him and
Jules.  Vincent does seem to lack insight throughout the whole narrative
and it's often Jules who must act as a kind of an older sibling and help or
scold him.  Jules' insight is much more profound, especially in his final
scene.  He gives three (or was it four?) varying interpretations of the
Biblical quotation he often recites when "poppin' a cap" in someone.

Scott R. Furtwengler
P.O.B. 725
De Soto, IL 62924