SCREEN-L Archives

December 1994, Week 2

From:
Jeremy Butler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 13 Dec 1994 09:07:37 CST
Author:  [log in to unmask]
Date:    12/12/94 7:30 PM

[Editor's note:  This message was submitted to SCREEN-L by the "Author" noted
above, and not by Jeremy Butler ([log in to unmask]).]

Sarah writes:
>I am currently writing a thesis regarding the porcess of adaptation from
>novel into film and will also be adapting a short story to scrrenplay as
>well.  Can anyone recommend good resources for such a subject?  I would
>appreciate it.  Already have Novels into Film  and a few more but am open to
>suggestions.   Thank you.

Seymor Chatman has interesting things to say about adaptation in STORY AND
DISCOURSE and COMING TO TERMS (especially the latter--see his chapter on
THE FRENCH LIEUTENANT'S WOMAN).

--Don Larsson, Mankato State U., MN