SCREEN-L Archives

December 1994, Week 2

Sender:
From:
Jeremy Butler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 13 Dec 1994 09:00:32 CST
Author:  (Luke Delwiche) <[log in to unmask]>
Date:    12/12/94 12:15 PM

[Editor's note:  This message was submitted to SCREEN-L by the "Author" noted
above, and not by Jeremy Butler ([log in to unmask]).]

>Author:  [log in to unmask]
>Date:    12/11/94 4:52 PM
>
>DC Fowl wrote 12/9/94 about how Screen-L does not talk of film making,
>techniques, new ideas, etc. but is really the screen version of Trivial
Pursuit.
>I would like to see this list become more technical too. I personally
>would like to talk about lighting techniques, film stocks, dolly perferences,
>etc.
>I have been in film for almost a year (doing freelance). I currently work
>as an AC. I am interested in learning more about things I can use on a shoot.
>Practical knowledge.
>
>Sarah Bowman

To me, there should be a mix.  As an undergraduate stdying Radio, TV, and
Film, the idea of making films is really just a dream at this point, and the
quality of film stock really doesn't matter to me.  However, it may to some
people, so it is fine with me if it is posted--I can just skip those
messages.  A discussion of _Citizen Kane_ may not be important to a
film/video MAKER, so they can skip over those.

Another thought:

FILM-L deals with filmmaking and reviews
VIDPRO-L is a videomakers discussion

One of these MAY be a better route; I am not subscribed so I don't really
know, but it is something to look into.

LUKE

|   Luke T. Delwiche              internet:  [log in to unmask]    |
|                                 fax:       (608)264-2200                 |