SCREEN-L Archives

December 1994, Week 2

From:
Curtis Wilcox <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 8 Dec 1994 00:11:42 -0900
>How can you run from NBK (and hey. . .it's only a film) and at the same time
>use as your slug--"Never get out of the boat"--Seems like you've gotten out
>of the boat and are rushing to safe ground.
>Best, Irene Upshur

To use another line, "You talkin' to me?"

Ah, I think I see the problem, bad gammar on my part. I wrote,"However,
after seeing that movie (which I enjoyed), I decided that it wasn't good
for me." The "it" of my sentence was not NBK but rather news coverage of
tabloid stories. Shame on me.
To make it clear, I enjoyed NBK tho' I don't think it was an effective
"message" film and I don't just get off on violence.
NBK Good. Tabloid TV Bad.
As for "Seems like you've gotten out of the boat and are rushing to safe
ground," you aren't remembering the scene the line comes from.

Curtis

Never Get Out of the Boat | [log in to unmask]