SCREEN-L Archives

December 1994, Week 2

From:
Jeremy Butler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 13 Dec 1994 08:58:22 CST
Author:  (Luke Delwiche) <[log in to unmask]>
Date: 12/12/94 11:52 AM

[Editor's note: This message was submitted to SCREEN-L by the "Author" noted
above, and not by Jeremy Butler ([log in to unmask]).]

>The series is pretty grim and realistic and I dont think that the American
>televison audience is ready for it on a mass level.
>

>Jeff

Aha! A pessimist! I would say this is probably somewhat true, but what
about NYPD Blue/Hill Street Blues/Cagney and Lacey? Or is the style coupled
with the content just tooooooo much for the GP with _Homicide_?

I think that people are more willing to accept a more mainstream style
regardless of the content than experimental (more artsy) styles. _Twin
Peaks_ also comes to mind--but even its style was not as "in your face" as
_Homicide_.

LUKE

| |
| Luke T. Delwiche internet: [log in to unmask] |
| fax: (608)264-2200 |