SCREEN-L Archives

December 1994, Week 2

From:
Jeremy Butler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 14 Dec 1994 09:32:44 CST
Author:  Susan Denker <[log in to unmask]>
Date: 12/13/94 11:25 PM

[Editor's note: This message was submitted to SCREEN-L by the "Author" noted
above, and not by Jeremy Butler ([log in to unmask]).]

  I don't know if anyone else is confused by this information. Maybe this
is a personal, not a subscriber-type question:
> an interesting effect can be seen in NORTH BY NORTHWEST. If you show
> the video on a big projection screen or if you adjust the framing on a
> 16 mm. print, you can see the tops of the cutaway taxi cabs....

  I want to do this, but I don't know how.
  Normally, I rent the 16 mm. print and project it. I don't have a scope
lens. What does it mean to adjust the framing? What exactly do I do? Does
this require a kind of projector I don't have? If so, please give me
details on the specs of such a projector.
  Also, I project video and laser through a beam. The image can get
larger or smaller, but the aspect ratio doesn't change.
  In ignorance,

  Susan Denker