SCREEN-L Archives

December 1994, Week 2

From:
"W. Mark Ritchie" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 8 Dec 1994 09:38:50 -0500
We are in the process of designing a course to examine different
interpretations of the Faust story.  We have identified a number of films
and video treatments of the story based loosely on either the Goethe or
Marlow versions but would like to find more.  Any suggestions as to
specific works based upon Faust?

We already have -

Damnation of Faust             1903 Melies
Faust, Eine Deutches Volkssage 1926 Murnau
Faust                               Grundgens
Doctor Faustus                 1967 Burton
Faust                               National Theatre Weimar
Damnation of Faust Trilogy     1983 Birnbaum
Doctor Faustus                      BBC Director's Training Program

Any more?  In ANY language.

W. Mark Ritchie                Phone   :  (519) 888-4070
Media Library                  Fax     :  (519) 888-6197
Audio Visual Centre
University of Waterloo         Internet:  [log in to unmask]
200 University Ave West
Waterloo, Ontario, Canada      "I was just out of college and still believed
N2L 3G1                         classifications and categories" - Jean Renoir