SCREEN-L Archives

December 1994, Week 1

From:
"D. S. Cunningham" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 5 Dec 1994 15:39:21 PST
Please let me suggest a beautiful little film about labor and class:
Ruby in Paradise--the story of a young woman who wants to make it on
her own--in retail. A small souvenir shop in the Florida panhandle.

you could also use:
clerks, Hoffa, ahhhh, ahhhh.....

do you want American films that deal with issues of class? Hmmmm,
except for "love" stories that deal more with the social aspects of
crossing class barriers, there are few and far between American films
(fiction) that deal seriously (or even humorously) with class issues.

I hope someone on the list proves me wrong about this...

Donna Cunningham
University of Southern Califonia