SCREEN-L Archives

November 1994, Week 4

From:
"Dianne L. Brooks" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 28 Nov 1994 13:39:01 CST

> My friend is writing a screenplay about identical twins. He is looking
> for titles of any other films about twins, preferably identical. He already
> thought of The Krays, Dead Ringers, and Sisters. He would appreciate any
> other titles that anyone can think of.
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Joshua Hirsch.

There is The Prince and the Pauper filmed at least twice from the Mark
Twain story. There are at least two Bette Davis twin films one in the
forties and one in the early sixties I believe but I can't remember the
titles although I know where to get them. And of course lets not forget the
Parent Trap! But I know there are many more...the evil twin narrative is
a sub-genre of its own.

Dianne