SCREEN-L Archives

November 1994, Week 4

Sender:
Date:
Fri, 25 Nov 1994 15:19:16 CST
I agree with Donna's comment of Frankenstein.  The movie itself tho, u must
admit, did lack.  THe message of the book (which i read) did come out in the
movie, but not as realistically as i expected.  The movie was good, i must
admit.  Incredible direction by Kenneth Branaugh, but it lacked realism.. the
book was trying to make a realistic point, it was not trying to make a horror
story to read around a campfire.  That is what i thought the movie lacked, it
was not a message movie.. it was the old frankenstien that yelled "I will have
my revenge!" as a lightning strikes in the background.

sam (my real name is wesam, but everyone please call me sam, it's kind of more
like my real naem now)