SCREEN-L Archives

November 1994, Week 4

Date:
Wed, 23 Nov 1994 14:01:21 CST
re. Joshua Hirsch's request:
  I am just now reading Virilio's *The Vision Machine* (only beginning!)
and would also be interested in learning more about the author.
  I've also been reading around in Martin Jay's *Downcast Eyes* and
would be interested in any discussion of either book. Sorry I don't
have time to formulate a well thought-out discussion question right now.
Perhaps I'm wondering if people have found these sorts of histories
useful in their own work and in what ways. Also, if anyone has found
these histories' retellings to be slanted in any interesting or
blasphemous ways, I'd like to know. . . .
  Susan Crutchfield