SCREEN-L Archives

November 1994, Week 4

From:
Bert Deivert <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 22 Nov 1994 12:35:40 CST

>A friend up mine just lent me a copy of what I think is just about
>the most innovative and astronishing video I've ever seen.  The
>running title is "Emergency Broadcast Network," which opens the
>tape with a pseudo-EBS warning message over aerial shots of running
>antelopes and elephants.

RU SIRIUS, who started Mondo 2000 and writes sometimes for WIRED, showed
some of that video last year at a cyberpunk conference in Sweden, where I
saw it. Apparently they have rigged up their own version of a PC or Mac
based editing station and do this stuff on low quality equipment with no
regards for copyright --- guerilla television. I thought it was great and
have been about to order a copy through some catalog I recently located.

More guerilla tv!

BERT

*  Bert Deivert   Film Studies      University of Karlstad         *
*  E-Mail: [log in to unmask]      Box 9501    S-650 09 Karlstad  *
*  Voice: 46-54-83 81 06            SWEDEN                         *