SCREEN-L Archives

November 1994, Week 3

Sender:
Date:
Sun, 20 Nov 1994 16:42:04 CST
On Fri, 18 Nov 1994 17:22:29 CST Jeremy Butler said:
>The Black Film & Video Guide( is a comprehensive directory of
>films dating
>from the early 1920's to present.  Published in August, 1994 it
>is available to film fan, educators and historians. For more
>information please e-mail.
>
>Ashley marcelline
>Publisher
>Ashley K. Marcelline aka [log in to unmask]
>publisher of BLACK FILM AND VIDEO GUIDE

From the Introduction:

"The intent of The Black Film and Video Guide is to provide a list of
films that meet several criteria.  The films must have either a
significant black star, or a black cast member must be integral to the
structure of the film.  Films must otherwise have a black writer or
director, or contain themes based on experiences, whether positive or
negative, on aspects of black life."

The guide can be ordered from Black Cinema Network, 104 White Blvd.,
Thornhill, Ontario L4J 5Z5.  My checkbook says the price is US$11.00.

Cal Pryluck, Radio-Television-Film, Temple University, Philadelphia
<[log in to unmask]>  <[log in to unmask]>