SCREEN-L Archives

November 1994, Week 2

From:
Susan Denker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 13 Nov 1994 16:45:16 CST
On Fri, 11 Nov 1994, wheeler dixon wrote:

> Although I have only been on screen-l for two days now, I am already
> struck by the narrowness of the discourse. Kenneth Branagh and Quentin
> Tarantino--please! What about Darnell Martin, Ousmane Sembene,Maria
> Novaro,Takehiko Nakajima,Sally Potter, Idrisa Ouedraogo,Zhang Yimou,
> John Collins, Jean-Isidore Isou,Ulrike Ottinger,Sarah Madoror, Yilmaz
> Guney, Mahama Traore,Ann Hui and many, many others whom we might
> discuss? Also it seems as if women and Third World
> filmmakers/videomakers are being marginalized in the ongoing
> discussion.Thoughts, comments?

I have only been on screen-l for about 5 weeks, but I have had exactly
the same reaction to the topics under discussion. But there is no other
list, so you should start a discussion that interests you.  In defense of
this list, I will say I have been very impressed by the factual
information sharing.
P.S. Who is Jean-Isidore Isou?