SCREEN-L Archives

November 1994, Week 2

From:
Gary Fuchs <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 10 Nov 1994 15:40:07 CST
>film called The Boys of St. Vincent (1993) made by John N. Smith for the
>National Film Board of Canada. I wonder if anyone out there could tell
>me if this film has been seen in the USA, and if so on what network(s),
>with what success?

I read about this title in the capsule film review section of THE NEW
YORKER magazine, where it has appeared over the past few months.
This indicates that the film has been (or was, at least) playing (at a
theatre) somewhere in New York City. I recall wanting an opportunity to
see it on the basis of the capsule rewiew -- which ascribed to the film
considerable merit, describing it as powerful, gripping and disturbing.
(and perhaps too raw for the Corporation for Public Broadcasting to
put on US public TV?)

--Gary Weston Fuchs