SCREEN-L Archives

November 1994, Week 2

From:
Simon Hart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 14 Nov 1994 22:13:41 CST
Here at the University of Otago (in Dunedin, New Zealand) we may have
the opportunity to upgrade the services and equipment  of the Audio Visual
Study Centre (AVSC).  The AVSC provides library services to audio visual
 materials. If you had this opportunity  what would your wish list be?
I am interested to here from both service providers and service users.

Here is some background on the AVSC - we are still using VHS video and
audio cassettes, the size of the collection is approx 8000 and growing, and
serves a potential of 12000 students.

Admittedly it is hard to summarise the entire AVSC in a few lines, even
if you want to share what you believe such a service can't do without that
would be great.  We have a huge wish list ourselves but also want to draw
upon the  "power of the net" !

Kia ora koe mo to takoha
Simon H.