SCREEN-L Archives

November 1994

From:
J Roberson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 2 Nov 1994 18:27:13 -0600
Gee, I thought mailing him privately would at least help stop this nonsense
- but everyone else seems to be jumping in publicly. . .I suppose it's
better to confront this kind of crap openly in debate than try to ban it.

>I debated the spelling of nazis for a long time before posting. Thank you for

Gee, wouldn't a dictionary have been easier to use?

>showing me the correct way.  Sorry, but this is just an opinion, not a
>personal attack.  Anyway, these superdykes are the real culprits.  Anyone who

And I think most of us would agree that at the very least your superdykes
and feminazis are straw men - women, if you prefer - who have no basis in
reality.

>hates another group based only on their race, age, or gender is less than

Yes, this is true. However, the post you responded to did not seem to
indicate hatred of anyone based on the above categories. I will grant you
that its labguage was rather obtuse for my tastes, but I did not detect a
note of hatred that even appraoched the venomous level with which you
responded.

>human in my opinion.  These femi nazis are all just a bunch of male bashers

And who are all these feminazis?

>and we don't need them.  I'm calling for all of the men on this list to unite
>against them, and their postings.  Who's with me?

Not I, said the fly. Why do you call for only the men to unite around you.
If these feminazis are such a grave threat,  why not invite the women who
aren't feminazis into your camp?

And please, please take the time to learn how to edit quoted text from the
end of your posts. I find that breach of netiquette to be your most
grievous offense - since you apparently can't support your position very
well, and hence are not a threat - yet.

"I say, beware of all enterprises that require new clothes, and not rather
a new wearer of clothes. If there is not a new [person], how can the new
clothes be made to fit?  If you have any enterprise before you, try it in
your old clothes." - paraphrase of Thoreau.
J Roberson      [log in to unmask]        [log in to unmask]