SCREEN-L Archives

October 1994

From:
"K.DONNELLY" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 5 Oct 1994 15:52:05 WET
RE;Adrian's suggestion about trying The Museum of the Moving Image in London.
I imagine that this is a lost cause as Jodorowsky's films are largely
unavailable in the UK. EL TOPO is not obtainable and I imagine the situation
is the same for TUSK and THE HOLY MOUNTAIN. Perhaps after the relative
'respectability'of SANTA SANGRE (which is available on video in the UK) his
last film, THE RAINBOW THIEF, will be allowed a video release of some sort.

  The unavailability of his films here is largely due to the draconian
censorship laws that surround videos - a situation that many are expecting
to worsen shortly.

K.Donnelly Univ East Anglia