SCREEN-L Archives

October 1994

From:
Charley Murphy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 21 Oct 1994 01:54:37 -0400
Hmmm, let's take the PC road less traveled. social crisis? how about the
split into two societies, the technocrats with money and the "masses"
without. two societies for america -- the 'latin american model' {old haitian
model?/ the underclasses get bigger and the overclass gets smaller and more
powerful} -- is predicted by many [currently controversially, mind you, by
charles murray in new book "the bell curve" -- easy access current newsweek,
'scare' access last week's nytimes magazine cover story]... conservatives
might say its inevitable, how are we going to handle; liberals might say hey
this is happening how are we going to stop it or mitigate the worst effects

pollution, immigrant breakdown too easy
future of labor in relationship to manufacturing might be interesting

just thoughts