SCREEN-L Archives

October 1994

From:
Jeremy Butler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 25 Oct 1994 08:02:25 CDT
I thought this announcment might be of interest to your list.
Thank you.
Amanda Barrett

p l e a s e   p o s t

The Performance Studies Departments of New York University
and Northwestern University are pleased to announce the

FIRST ANNUAL PERFORMANCE STUDIES CONFERENCE
 T H E  F U T U R E  O F  T H E  F I E L D

24-26  March  1995
New York University

Submissions must be postmarked: 1 November 1994

We invite participants to question Performance Studies as an
interdisciplinary and intercultural project, to expand or
complicate existing critical paradigms, and to target areas
for future work. We welcome contributions which address a
wide range of issues, methodologies, and approaches in relation to
culture and performance.

The committee will review abstracts or, preferably, full
papers (c. 10 pages, 20 minutes); proposals for panels,
seminars, workshops, and "breakout" sessions; and performances.
Presentations which engage or critique the performance
conventions of the scholarly conference are encouraged.

NYU journals TDR and Women & Performance will also consider
papers for publication.

Registration and housing information will be mailed in January,
1995.

Send proposals and inquiries to:
Amanda Barrett and Jill Lane, Directors
Performance Studies Conference