SCREEN-L Archives

October 1994

From:
Jeremy Butler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 25 Oct 1994 06:41:14 CST
The following was recently announced over NEW-LIST...

Date:    Tue, 18 Oct 1994 15:52:28 CDT
From:    Michael Nist <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: NEW: TV2NITE-L - Daily US TV Digest

TV2NITE-L on [log in to unmask]        Daily US TV Schedule

   TV2NITE-L is the mailing list which is used to distribute "tv2nite",
   a daily guide to America's favorite pastime -- watching prime time
   network and cable television.

   "tv2nite" has been designed for those of us who don't get complete
   cable listings in their newspaper (or don't get a newspaper), and/or
   don't want to shell out $40 a year for TV Guide.  It's also for
   people who just like the idea of having their evening's entertainment
   choices pop up on their computer screen every day when they log in.

   Every morning, you'll get a new e-mail which summarizes the evening's
   best viewing, followed by a complete programming guide for all major
   broadcast and cable networks.  This will include cable stations that
   many major newspapers don't have the space to list, such as Comedy
   Central, the Science Fiction channel, MTV, etc.  We'll also let you
   know who's scheduled to appear on the evening's late night talk
   shows.

   Of course, even those of us blessed with 70 channels sometimes
   experience an evening where there isn't a thing on the tube we have
   any desire to see.  So we'll also let you know when new videos are
   released, on the day they're due to hit the stores.  Stick with us
   and you'll never have to socialize again.

   One cautionary note: we can't provide coverage for local stations --
   at least not for the foreseeable future -- so you won't see listings
   for syndicated shows like the "Star Trek" series, or for your local
   PBS station.  We are going to explore different means of sponsoring
   this list, however, and if we are able to swing it we'll offer local
   editions of the list for major TV markets.

   To subscribe to TV2NITE-L and receive tv2nite send the following
   message to [log in to unmask] (put the message in the body of the
   message, not the subject line):

      subscribe tv2nite-l

   To remove yourself from the list, send this message instead:

      unsubscribe tv2nite-l

   NOTE:  [log in to unmask] is a Majordomo list server and is
          NOT L-Soft LISTSERV.

   Editor:  Mike Nist  [log in to unmask]