SCREEN-L Archives

October 1994

Sender:
From:
Jajasoon Tlitteu <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 18 Oct 1994 23:25:02 -0500
>Can anyone recommend a school with good GRADUATE programs in cultural and
>mass media criticism with an emphasis on film?  (NYU, UCLA, and USC are
>obvious considerations.)  I am considering U of Texas at Austin--any comments
>on that school?
>
>Anything is appreciated.
>Thanks,
>Troy.

U of Wisconsin Comm Arts is where I'm at & I've been happy so far.  There's
great cultural studies in Telecommunications division (with John Fiske) and
the film program is reputedly very good (with David Bordwell).  Worth a
look.

********
jajasoon tlitteu  ([log in to unmask])

"Academic training was instrumental.  You have to understand the language
of society before you can start stretching and subverting it and ripping
and tearing it and burning it and watching the plastic drip on the ants."