SCREEN-L Archives

October 1994

From:
Gloria Monti <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 28 Oct 1994 21:09:02 -0400
> I also heard that he financed it by obtaining several credit cards and
> taking cash out on them. Creative.

        A student of mine went to see a screenignof *Clerks* here at Yale
and she reports:

I heard an interesting story about *Clerks* when I went to the screening.
The woman introducing the film explained that Kevin Smith had made the
film on a $27,000 budget. When he needed $3,000 more to finish the film,
he had some friends vandalize his car and used the insurance claim money
to finish the film. You've got to hand it to him for being creative. ?

        No comment.

        Gloria Monti