SCREEN-L Archives

August 1994

From:
Lee Elliott <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 1 Aug 1994 10:49:00 EST
For those of you who share my admiration and interest in many of the
current Hong Kong film makers and also live in the NY area, I'd like to
call your attention to a two week Hong Kong film festival at Cinema
Village from Aug. 12 through Aug. 25.
Among the highlights will be Crime Story and Drunken Master II (the two
latest Jackie Chan films) and John Woo's Bullet In The Head (the
director's cut will be shown), which is the third installment in Woo's A
Better Tomorrow series.
For those of you who are Chan fans, you already now what a treat it is to
see him in full ratio, and for those not familiar, check him out if you
can (Chan is responsible for some of the best films ever made in the
action genre).  In the wake of True Lies, you'll be pleased to see that
some people still know how to make an excellent action film for under $20
million

Unfortunately, I won't be able to discuss these films (or The Mask) with
any of you as I will be out of town for the next couple of weeks.  If
anyone has anything they're dying to say about the subject of this post,
please mail me directly as I have suspended my mail in light of my trip.
Take care all.

Lee Elliott

"I'll never understand 'em; women are weird"
-Jackie Chan