SCREEN-L Archives

August 1994

From:
Delia Falconer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 31 Aug 1994 15:50:17 +1000
                       Subject:                               Time:15:41
  OFFICE MEMO          Road movies                            Date:8/31/94
I've just subscribed to this list and thought I'd introduce myself.  I'm
working on a cultural studies thesis on road movies (actually on the road in
American culture from WWII on, but road movies form a large part of my
research) and I was wondering if anyone else is working in a similar area, or
knows of others teaching/working on road films.  I've actually only found one
book dedicated to road films by Mark Williams - called, not surprisingly
*Road Movies* - can this really be such a sparse area of publishing?  Any
thoughts/suggestions/discussion welcomed!
Delia Falconer, Dept of English and Cultural Studies, Melbourne University