SCREEN-L Archives

August 1994

From:
Tony Williams <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 28 Aug 1994 14:32:14 CST
From: Tony Williams
English
SIUC
 This is well off the beaten track from Walkabout and other films. But, let
me introduce myself. I wrote a book JACK LONDON - THE MOVIES in 1992 dealing
with the film adaptations of London's novels. One of the most sought-after
items is the 1913 film version of THE SEA WOLF, directed and starring
Hobart Bosworth, produced by Bosworth Incorporated. The original negative
was destroyed in a 1915 warehouse fire. But, from my research, I know the
film was playing in Australia in 1926. It's a very long shot that this film
has survived. It is on the Library of Congress Motion Picture"wants"list.
Of the 6 Bosworth London films, only MARTIN EDEN (1913) survives in an
incomplete 45 min. version, 10 minutes of fragments of AN ODYSSEY OF THE
NORTH (1914) were discovered three years ago.
  Any feedback possible from Australian sources? Thanks, Tony Williams