SCREEN-L Archives

August 1994

Sender:
From:
Marvin Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 31 Aug 1994 14:45:35 -0800
The thread on Tombstone v. Wyatt Earp,especially Derek Bouse's observations,
bring to mind the various incarnations of the "myth" of the frontier.  For
those who are interested might I suggest Richard Slotkin's _Gunfighter Nation_,
Atheneum, 1992 (if I remember correctly).  Very interesting and with a focus on
film.  I use it in my Influences course when it centers on "The Western."

Marvin Smith
Dept of Radio-Television
Eastern Washington University