SCREEN-L Archives

July 1994

From:
"Brian L. Tanner" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 28 Jul 1994 22:03:55 EDT
In Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom, the club that is in the opening
scene is called Club Obi Wan, a Star Wars reference put in by creators Lucas
and Spielberg.  This is probably more of an in-joke though because the Star
Wars trilogy had already come out before Doom.

Also, in Poltergiest, written and produced by Spielberg, directed by Tobe
Hooper (though Spielberg helped considerably I understand), in the beginning
the TV is on in the parents bedroom while they are getting ready for bed and
an old Specer Tracy movie called A Guy Named Joe is on the channel.  The
movie is a favorite of Spielberg's and Richard Dreyfuss' and was remade into
Always.  A little bit of foreshadowing on Steven's part, but I imagine he put
it in because he liked the movie so much.

BTW Ford just agreed to do Jones again in a fourth movie under Spielberg's
guidance and Lucas' story.

Also I'm anxious for the next three Star Wars films to come out in 97,98, and
99.

Later--
Brian L. Tanner

"Son, you got a panty on your head." Pickup-Truck Driver to H.I. in Raising
Arizona