SCREEN-L Archives

July 1994

From:
Randy Riddle <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 28 Jul 1994 11:16:54 -0400
There are a few groups that hold exhibitions/festivals of PXL videos (I
can check on this for you) and one even offers a VHS tape for sale of
winning videos.

A PXL was used with nice effect in "Slackers" -- the film takes on the
point of view of someone at a party with one of the cameras.

There's so much interest in these things, I'm surprised Fisher Price or
someone else isn't still manufacturing them. I know a photographer in
Kentucky that shoots tape on PXL, dubs it to VHS, captures frames on a
Mac and manipulates them into fascinating large size gallery photographs.