SCREEN-L Archives

July 1994

From:
Guy Van Belle <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 8 Jul 1994 11:50:49 +0200
HELLO EVERYONE.=20

I am not part of the list, and I hope this is no problem for my message=20
to get through to anyone who is interested in this announcement.=20

On November 20-23, 1994 we are organizing a conference about ADVENTURE=20
GAMES in Antwerp, Belgium (Europe). This is an independent side-event of=20
the International Film Festival Ghent 1994, covering the theme ACTION=20
FILMS. Organizers of the conference are the ELDORADO centre and DE ANDERE=
=20
SINEMA magazine.=20

Apart from the lectures there will be a filmseries dealing with the idea=20
of =D4pre-computer game cinema=D5.=20

So we are looking for=20
- references to old and new movies and videos that could fit in with the=20
program
- interesting adventure (computer) games
- texts, articles, books that deal with the themes mentioned above
- proposals for lectures (cultural, anthropological, ethnographical,=20
social, educational, theoretical, ...)
- notes, ideas, topics, illustrations, historical material, extraordinary=
=20
things, comments, typologies, remarks, warnings, ...
- participation in any possible way
- other lists dealing with these themes

All contributions of this kind will be gathered in a multimedia=20
environment that will be accessible during the conference. Some of it=20
will be published in the special DE ANDERE SINEMA issue, November 1994.=20
The authors will be given full credit.=20

Please send your messages not to this list but to:=20
(Sorry that I cannot subscribe to all discussion groups - my mailbox will=
=20
explode!)=20

During the conference, a special message (an email anthology) with the=20
collected material will be returned to this list and all participants.=20