SCREEN-L Archives

July 1994

From:
Joe Cigliano <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 25 Jul 1994 01:51:30 EDT
I just joined this group and you may have dicussed it already but I felt that
"Gump" was just one step removed from a propaganda film for the right wing of
this country.  It dealt with history as if there were two sides.  There was
the small happy world of gump and there was the extremist world of his girl
freind.  If you were against the goverment policies of the 60's & 70's you
did illegal drugs, were violent extremists who beat there girl freinds, and
contemplated suicide.  And the final insult you die of a horrably
debilatating desease.  Other wise you live as a quite marginal idiot.  I am
comming off very hard in this e-mail but I feel strongly about how my self &
my freinds were depicted.
otherwise I liked the film.
Joe T.