SCREEN-L Archives

July 1994

From:
Jeremy Butler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 11 Jul 1994 12:13:08 CST
I have a question for those of you on the faculty of film/media
departments. What are your prospects for hiring new faculty in the next
year or so? I do not ask this as a request for specific job information,
but rather to get a sense of the general trends in hiring. I am ABD at
the University of Southern California, with my defense scheduled for July
19. To see that the last SCS mailing contained not ONE job announcement
was, to say the least, disheartening.

I have my own ideas about what may be contributing to the lack of jobs
available, but I'd appreciate hearing other opinions.

Maureen Furniss