SCREEN-L Archives

July 1994

From:
Douglas M Ramsey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 16 Jul 1994 21:01:03 EDT
Hi there,
     I'm a Phd student currently working on a dissertation concerning
Faulkner's film career (both the movies he worked on and the films made from
his works).  I'm taking something of a cultural studies approach, so I'm
looking (desperately) for materials of related interest.  I'm very interested
in obtaining posters, lobby cards, stills, etc. for films such as "The Sound
and the Fury," "Sanctuary," "The Tarnished Angels," etc.  I also need video
copies of "The Story of Temple Drake" and "Sanctuary."  Also of interest would
be copies of magazines which contain Faulkner stories (such as "The Saturday
Evening Post).  I don't need originals--reproductions would be just fine.  I'm
not wealthy enough to be a collector.  I'm barely wealthy enough to be a
scholar.
     If you have any of these items or have any advice on obtaining them,
please contact me privately at [log in to unmask]  Thanks so
much for your time and consideration.

                                   D. Matthew Ramsey