SCREEN-L Archives

July 1994

From:
Dave Trautman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 12 Jul 1994 09:48:42 MDT
        Reply to:   LISTSERV Alert: Metered Pricing for Internet
As I have some interest in the evolution of the InterNet I recently picked
up Jeffrey K. MacKie-Mason & Hal Varian's paper on the prospect of charging
for InterNet services in new ways. ("Economic FAQs About the Internet",
1994)
TAP is a legitimate organization who have undertaken a legitimate effort to
focus legislative attention to the economies of an integrated, global
computer network. The alert might be a little over-hyped but it is
definitely not a "scam" as has been suggested by others. It does not even
reflect the well-known formula for the UseNet "scam".
If you want more information about "Economic FAQs About the Internet"
contact Hal Varian at:
University of Michigan and NBER University of Michigan
or read the document yourself by WWW at: http://gopher.econ.lsa.umich.edu