SCREEN-L Archives

June 1994

From:
Sandy Dwiggins <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 2 Jun 1994 10:18:21 EDT
Charlie...I have an interesting conundrum for you...Recently, my
daughter and I saw Four Weddings and a Funeral...a supposedly British
film...my daugher (age 13, very bright, very intuitive) said that it
wasn't a British Film at all, that it was an American Film with
British accents....and hardly like Enchanted April or, Howards End
or Orlando for that matter(all of which she'd seen)
I don't think Americans see much British film anymore...not like
it used to be...and then American films suck everyone in like a
black hole.....(My memory ls going with my age...but...there wa
s  Gregory's Girl...I loved that film!...Tight little island...
Local Hero...."  What happened to Bill _______(can't remember hsi
name).  And look what happened to Peter Wier and Fred Scheppsis?
Sandy

--

+  Sandy Dwiggins               Internet: [log in to unmask]        +
+  Building 82, Room 111        Phone: (301) 496-7406                    +