SCREEN-L Archives

June 1994

From:
Patrick B Bjork <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 19 Jun 1994 20:06:52 -0500
On Sun, 19 Jun 1994, Harriet Kasow wrote:

> The following films have been playing for a month or more: IN THE NAME
> OF THE FATHER,SHADOWLANDS, FAREWELL THE CONCUBINE, BLUE (POLAND),
> SCHINDLER'S LIST,PHILADELPHIA. The HORROR GENRE is not very popular
> here and neither is the BASEBALL film. I have to watch these on
> video.
>
> I hope I answered some of the questions.
> Shalom
> Harriet Kasow

Yes, thanks very much for the useful info; however, I have two more
questions that I'd appreciate if you could answer.

I notice that you mention predominately Anglo-American films playing in
the local cinemas. Are they the most popular and, if so, how do you
account for their popularity?

Also, (and don't misunderstand, I am merely curious), what has been the
general reception to _Schindler's List_? Has it created any kind of
debate or discussion? What is your personal view of the film?

Patrick Bjork
Dept. of English
Bismarck State College