SCREEN-L Archives

June 1994

Date:
Sun, 12 Jun 1994 21:32:21 -0700
Hello!
Just joined to get some help. I am taking a cinema class at a community colleg
e to finish my requirements for my AA degree. Part of the class is giving a
presentation to the class on the above subject. All of the "good" directors
are already taken (i.e. John Ford, Hitchcock, John Houston, Frank Capra, Cecile
 B. Demille, etc.). We have to focus on the working methods, & relationships
with the actors, fellow artists and crews using anecdotes for support. We
have to include their style, genre of film, editing methods, awards &
recognitions received.

I will search your archives for ideas. At the present time, I am thinking
about Stanley Kramer ("...Mad, Mad, Mad World"). However, if someone has a
suggestion, I would be most appreciative.
Kathy