SCREEN-L Archives

May 1994

From:
Jeremy Butler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 10 May 1994 20:26:55 CDT
On Tue, 10 May 1994 16:27:00 PDT Alison McKee said:
>I guess I can handle a summer of experimentation, but I have a question:
>under the forthcoming set-up, does this mean that folks beyond the
>parameters of Screen-L "proper" (i.e. in the land of Usenet) will have
>the option of commenting upon Screen-L posts without us Screen-L types
>necessarily being aware of it?

Nope.  Any and all posts made in the land of Usenet will be sent
directly to the newsgroup moderator (i.e., me) rather than actually
placed in the newsgroup.

When I receive such posts I will send them a polite note explaining
that they must subscribe to SCREEN-L (the mailing list, not the
Usenet newsgroup) in order to post to SCREEN-L.  And I will also
explain how they may join SCREEN-L.

Your concern is definitely a valid one, Alison.  I hadn't thought of
it till someone else mentioned it to me as we were debating the
merits of Usenet.  To cope with this problem I've devised a rather
complicated, but automated way for me to nab posts to the newsgroup.

      Work is the blackmail of survival.

| Jeremy G. Butler - - - - - - - - - - | Internet : [log in to unmask] |
| SCREEN-L Coordinator                 | BITNET   :        JBUTLER@UA1VM |
| Telecommunication & Film Dept * The University of Alabama * Tuscaloosa |