SCREEN-L Archives

May 1994

Sender:
From:
"Gloria Monti (GD 1995)" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 18 May 1994 11:33:28 -0400
> Did anyone see Harvey Pekar's appearance on David Letterman
> Monday night?  His showings always makes for interesting
> television.

        This major *Non Film Theory* detour allows me to take Matt's
question one step further and ask this list a question which I have
been debating with a member of Screen-l for quite some time.
        Question: how many of you watch Letterman?
        I find it hard to believe that the whole nation is raving about
the show, as it has been pointed out to me.  I also find the long lines
outside the theater to gain access to the show, as well as the whole
souvenir shop deal quite puzzling.
        Opinions welcome.  Thank you.
        Jeremy, do not police me. I am doing some American Studies-popular
culture field work here. :-)

        Gloria Monti