SCREEN-L Archives

April 1994

From:
William Shute <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 14 Apr 1994 10:01:47 CST
From: Bill Shute, San Antonio College
I have been writing a piece on the sixteen shorts Keaton made at
Educational circa l934-37 (also touching briefly upon the MGM
sound features, An Old Spanish Custom, and the Columbia shorts
in order to provide a context for my discussion) and would
love to hear any comments regarding these films from fellow
Keaton admirers. I'm also missing 4 or 5 of the Columbia shorts
and wonder if anyone has a complete collection from which I
could get dubs of those (isn't that Elsie Ames amazing in
Taming of the Snood? She also worked with Harry Langdon at
Columbia and I'd love to know more about her). Many thanks.