SCREEN-L Archives

April 1994

From:
Anne Fischel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 22 Apr 1994 10:18:18 -0700
        In 1989 I saw a film by the Russian director, Elim Klimov.  I don't
recall the title, but the film was about a small island that was about to
be flooded in order to create a hydroelectric power source. It's quite a
beautiful film, and I've always hoped to work with it in my classes.
I've never been able to find it in distribution here. If anyone has
information about the film and can help me locate a distributor, I'd
appreciate it.
        Thanks!
        Anne Fischel [log in to unmask]