SCREEN-L Archives

April 1994

From:
Sterling <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 20 Apr 1994 15:14:00 EDT
After reading through the wave of no votes I began to think about the
issue. Although I have no experience with the Usenet or its groups,
I'm beginning to wonder that if there are already two newsgroups on
the Usenet devoted to moronic film discussion, how many morons will
actually go through the extra effort and try to contaminate our
lovely ivory tower?

And of these industrious morons, how many will stay on the list after
getting a taste of the tone of screen-l? Granted, the group may be
have to suffer through temporary bouts of fluff or chain letters, but
I think it will eventually pan out.

I vote yes as long as there is no similarly "serious" film/screen
group on Usenet at the moment. If the film groups on Usenet are all
moronic, I'm sure there must be some people stranded out there who
looking for something just like screen-l. But if there is already
a comparable group on the Usenet, I don't see the need for a gateway.

So a conditional yes if there is such a need on the Usenet.

--Sterling Chen